I’ve not written one of these new year posts in a while. Covid canceled a lot of things, including this blog.
I have completed some previous goals, which I never mentioned before, so I’ll list some of them here:
- I finally managed to read 40 books in a year, last year, after that being my yearly goal for some time. (i won’t reach it this year)
- I believe I can say i’ve reached ‘intermediate’ level Spanish, at least as far as reading goes.
- I have journaled (with a pen and paper) consistently (nearly daily, only forgetting here and there) for 2 years now. This is a habit I’ve been trying and failing to make for over a decade.
And here are some NEW goals for 2023:
- Blog 3 times a week. I let this blog die recently, time to revive it, and also revive the idea of writing out any old thought that enters my head. because I’m always glad when I do, no matter how pointless it seems in the moment.
- Read three REAL books in Spanish. Only books I’d also want to read were they written in English!
- Write 60 poems. I want to reach 100 total poems so I can publish a collection. I expect with 100 poems to choose from, I should be almost guaranteed to have 40-50 ones that are okay to good. I have 40 total now, so I need + 60
- Sent 36 stories/poems to magazines. That is, 36 total submissions (its normal to send many poems per submission, but each ‘send’ only counts as 1). That is 3 per month.
- finish the current ‘long thing’ project I’m working on
There are some goals! Just writing them down always helps me a bit.
What are yours?